Monday, April 7, 2008

Preparation for next lesson... wire up the LCD...

I've be covering the LCD next. I'll be using the 16x2 characters LCD. As such, please prepare the necessary cable for the LCD unless you want to use jumpers.

Having the LCD will make learning easier and faster. As you develop you own codes, you are bound to have logical errors (which are not detected by MikroC). Using strategically embedded LCD updating codes, you can diagnose and troubleshoot you codes faster.

The connection diagram (copied from the development datasheet) is shown below. Don't forget the power connections to the LCD (not shown in the schematic below).

4 comments:

9w2gu said...

Wow! So fast to next lesson! I think some people need time to digest the first lesson. :) Anyways, i wanted to suggest that you set the RB6 with a pull down resistor and show the difference. And you have to keep in mind that your audience is the WORLD. And not everyone knows who to wire up the setup. So maybe also post some schematics. Or i could be wrong, cos don't have the board you have.

Just some suggestions.
Jangan marah, nanti kena jual.

73's.

Unknown said...

Thank for the comments.

I made some assumptions when typing the lesson so it's good for a third party to give feedback... Keep them coming...

I've added the development board schematic to the download section of this blog for reference...

9w2gu said...

CQ CQ CQ 9M2CF...Uncle Chow are you following the lessons?

Anonymous said...

So sorry folks, I am a bit slow with these lessons. Try to figure out how to setup my hardware and try to follow the lessons given. Basir, please allow my thick skull to figure all the good stuff you have given to us.
BTW, thanks for the patience with me.