The board uses the PIC18F4550, one of the most powerful PIC with tonnes of features... Very unlikely that one would use all the features on a single project... Nonetheless, it's there when you need it...
While waiting for the board to arrive, do the followings...
- Download the PIC18F4550 Datasheet from Microchip website... If you have the resources, print it out as reference unless you do not mind flipping pages on your computer...
- Download MikroC from MikroElektronika for compiler...
- Start making the jumper wires... I'll post some pictures how I intend to make mine...
- Consider how to make casing for the board...
- Consider buying LCD display... most likely 16 by 2 characters... Hitachi chipset please... No need for graphic LCD for now...
PIC18F4550 USB Development Board - Technical Data
• Microcontroller: PIC18F4550-I/P
• Main Crystal: 20MHz
• Speed: up to 5MHz
• Processor Language: PIC
• Program Flash Memory (Internal): 32kBytes
• RAM Memory (Internal): 2048 Bytes
• EEPROM Memory (Internal): 256 Bytes
• I/O Points Available: 35
• I/O Points Connection: Standard IDCC Connections
• A/D Inputs: Yes - 13 Channels
• A/D Accuracy: 10-bit
• A/D Speed: 500Ksps
• PWM Output Channels: Yes - 2 Channels
• Timers: Yes - One 8-bit Timer and Three 16-bit Timers
• RS232 Communication: Yes - 1 Channel
• USB Communication: Yes - 1 Channel
• SPI: Yes - 3-wire SPI Module
• I²C: Yes - with Master/Slave Mode
• Pushbuttons: Yes - 4 Tactile Inputs
• LCD Connection: Yes - with Contrast Adjustment
• Indication Leds: Yes - 4 Red LED's
• A/D Inputs: Yes - 4 Adjustable Trimpots
• Speaker: Yes
• In-Circuit Programming: Yes
• Power-On Led: Yes - Red
• USB Power-Supply Led: Yes - Yellow
• Regulator Power-Supply Led: Yes - Green
• Program-Run Switch: Yes
• Reset Button: Yes
• Power-Supply: 7 - 12 Vdc
• LxWxH: 155mm x 90mm x 30mm
• Included Parts: PIC18F4550 Development Board, USB Download Cable, Download Software, Manual on CD, Examples and Sample Code, Data Sheets on CD.